Best Types of Wood for Furniture and Modern Interior Design
Modern kitchen design with cherry wood cabinets
Wood is a traditional, beautiful, and always modern interior design material. With softwoods and hardwoods the variety of colors, grain patterns and textures can please any taste and emphasize any interior design style. Cowr shares helpful information about the most popular wood types to help select the best room furniture, wall and flooring ideas for your modern interior design.
These wood types define the latest trends in decorating and design. Wooden furniture, wall and ceiling designs and floor ideas look spectacular and warm. The downside is cost. Many woodworking projects, mainly which use expensive hardwoods and exotic wood types to accentuate the modern interior design, can be costly.
Here is a collection of various wood grain patterns, colors and textures, and modern interior design ideas for inspirations. The most popular wood types include oak, beech, pine, cherry, alder, maple, walnut, poplar, birch, mahogany and teak. Each of these woods has unique look and properties.
Wood types for modern interior design
1. Oak wood is perfect for modern furniture and flooring ideas. Oak is durable and comes in a red and white variety. The grain produces beautiful patterns enhancing classic and modern interior design.
2. Beech wood is versatile, lasting and beautiful. Creamy yellow color and yellowish brown colors add warmth and brightness to modern interior design. Beech wood materials are flexible and used for modern furniture design in stunning banded forms.
3. Pine wood is a cheap and widely available type. Perfect for interior design and decorating, pine wood brings unique aroma into homes and create warm and cozy rooms.
4. Cherry wood is a prevalent wood type for luxurious interior design and decorating. Beautiful cherry wood furniture and doors get gorgeous with age. The cost of cherry is high, but its fantastic look and dark color are worth the money.
5. Walnut wood brings rich brown colors into modern interior design and decorating. Exclusive and expensive, walnut wood furniture looks fantastic, adding great accents to classic and contemporary interior design.
6. Alder wood furniture, decorations, doors and windows designs in pleasant golden colors add soft texture and bright look to home interiors. Perfect for kids room design and decorating, alder wood furniture pieces are warm, attractive and comfortable.
7. Maple wood comes in soft and hard types. Both stain out better than most of the woods and create beautiful wood floors and room furniture which are less expensive.
8. Larch wood has a unique texture and grain patterns. Moisture resistant and vigorous, larch wood looks attractive and luxurious in modern interior design. Perfect for exposed ceiling beams, room furniture, and wall structures, larch adds light color and unique character to the interior design.
9. Ash wood is pale to white-colored material with a straight grain. Ash wood flooring and architectural elements are strong and durable, blending light golden color into modern interior design and decor.
10. Birch wood comes in yellow and white varieties. Birch wood is less expensive than other hardwoods and looks like maple. Birch wood furniture is beautiful and attractive.
11. Mahogany wood is a great furniture and door design material. Mahogany wood produces beautiful furniture and doors with its deep red tinting and straight grains which beautify interior design and give living spaces that exclusive and expensive look.
12. Poplar wood is one of the lower costing wood types. Poplar wood is a softer hardwood. Poplar furniture is affordable and unique, looks great, especially stained or painted.
Salvaged wood interior design
These types of wood are the most popular. Also, you can use salvaged wood pieces for modern interior design. Salvaged wood is one of the most popular latest trends in decorating and design, bringing beautiful, natural and unique interior design materials for creating modern homes.
Select your favorite wood types, colors, texture and grain patterns, and bring wooden furniture into your home interiors if you appreciate the beauty of natural wood floors, doors, and room furniture. Wooden furniture, decor accessories, lighting fixtures and architectural features enrich modern interior design and decorating, blending warmth and coziness with creative ideas and versatile look into living spaces.
by Ena Russ
last updated: 04.09.2017
and enjoy free articles sent to your inbox